We got off to a great start in the last half of the summer of 2017 and here are a couple of pictures of what the work looked like.
As you can see, we got a LOT of work done during the couple months we had to work with, considering it was just me, my wife Leslie and our friend Rob. We had a lot of trees to take down, stumps to get rid of and earth moving and leveling to do to get to the point you see above. Then winter came and brought a halt to our construction. The picture at the top of the post is what the construction site looked like at the end of the summer of 2017.
When the weather got good enough to begin again, we got started, but needed to take a bit of a detour to bring in some additional cash flow to handle some additional construction costs. Even when doing the work yourself, like we are, and even when you get a lot of your supplies through Craigslist, like we do, it still takes cash to put things together. So, we lost a lot of time, by the end of 2018, we hadn’t added a whole lot to the site.
It is now coming on to summer of 2019 and, so far, the unending rain has delayed our hopes for an early start for the year. But with a day here and a day there, we are moving forward. The prep room foundation blocks have been laid and we are preparing the wall base plates to go on the blocks. With some luck, we will get a break in the weather in the next couple weeks and have some additional progress to report.
Looking to get the prep room done in the next couple of months and to build a small aquaponics test setup in it before we begin on the first greenhouse.
Will have some more pictures soon of the stages we are going through now.